Exploring The New Testament
Volume One: The Gospels & Acts
Volume Two: The Letters & Revelation
Tried, tested and trusted by students and teachers across the world, these widely respected study guides enables the reader to engage with an array of essential topics including:
- the Jewish and Greco-Roman background to the New Testament
- the Greco-Roman background to ancient letter writing
- the content and major themes of Paul’s life, mission and theology issues of authorship, date and setting
- literary genres and forms
- issues of authorship, date and setting
- the content and major themes of each book
- well-established and newer methods of study
- the latest scholarship in the quest for the historical Jesus
- the intersection of New Testament studies with contemporary faith and culture
What’s on This Site
On this site you’ll find images and resources which expand on the contents of the two volumes.
These will include a wide range of images, maps and charts which will add to the richness of exploring the New Testament.
You can either view these chapter by chapter or by categories such as places & people.
A superb one-stop shop for students looking for resources that open up the New Testament world and its writings.Dr Elizabeth Shively, Senior Lecturer in New Testament Studies and Director of Teaching, School of Divinity, University of St Andrews
Presents the issues clearly, encouraging readers to interact with the text… very useful for both students and teachers.Evangel
Readers are given a wealth of resources for study, including historical background, context, scholarly discussions, theological reflections and essay questions. I recommend this book to anyone involved in theological education.Dr Lucy Peppiatt, Principal, Westminster Theological Centre
Avoids the twin dangers of overwhelming the student with detail and oversimplifying complex issues.Michael B. Thompson, former Associate Principal, Ridley Hall, Cambridge